Digital Content Producer
Observer is looking for an organized, detail oriented, self-starter who wants to leverage their problem solving abilities in a creative environment. This role is a creative and strategic position that supports the editorial team, as well as the sales and marketing team for branded content. As Digital Content Producer, you'll work closely with the Brand Creative Director to develop creative solutions, layouts, and best practices for articles and sponsored posts. Reporting to the Editor in Chief, the Digital Content Producer will work closely with the editorial and web teams, as well as liaise with the marketing team to create shareable, searchable and innovative content while keeping with the objectives of the Observer brand. The Digital Content Producer will also aid in developing and executing social media content and strategies, and online marketing initiatives for Observer.com.
As Digital Content Producer, you’ll help execute feature stories by researching locations where custom video or photo shoots can be executed in the New York City area, booking all parties who would be needed for a custom video or photo shoot, such as make-up or hair, and manage the contracts and expenses. You have the ability to support and provide input when we pitch our video and photo shoots. You will work with the Brand Creative Director to come up with ideas of how advertisers can achieve their marketing objectives when social activations, events or custom shoots are requested. The ideal candidate will be able to meet deadlines, have strong communications skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This is an ideal role for anyone looking to step into a creative leadership position, while further integrating into marketing.
- Develop internal and external strategies for web and social media to cultivate, build and maintain online audiences with the goal of driving engagement and revenue
- Develop and execute measurable web content, social media, and online marketing initiatives
- Organize interdepartmental workflow to ensure that all elements are handled according to process and schedule
- Facilitate the execution of video or photo shoots, which includes but not limited to, booking the studio/space, organizing transportation for all parties, keeping track of costs, ensuring all parties are present and have the information and tools they need, etc.
- Manage and maintain production development timelines creative web content, video/photo shoots, and branded editorial content
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to provide possible social and creative solutions for marketing campaigns
- Become an expert on social influencers and create a database that you can access regularly to help support sales and marketing pitches for social activations and post-sales execution
- Manage budgets and costs for all editorial creative and branded editorial executions
- BFA/BA/BS degree in related field
- 4+ years project management experience
- Strategic/creative thinker with excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to create effective content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to an online audience
- Ability to communicate, monitor insights and use the data to enhance marketing services offerings when relevant
- Strong knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong knowledge of digital sales and marketing dynamics and processes
- Strong knowledge of social networking, influencers, and overall social industry
- Has experience with complex integrated marketing campaigns
- You need to be decisive, action-oriented, and be able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross teams to leverage resources effectively
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of HTML and Wordpress is a plus
Observer delivers a sophisticated take on arts & entertainment, business & technology, style & design, and news & politics. Observer covers the people and trends that shape the world we live in. Observer is the world observed.
To apply use the form below or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.